Picture-heavy Trip Report WDW October 2010

WDW 
Marcus.ka kennt diverse Charaktere beim Namen
Hallo,

nach sehr langer Zeit, habe ich endlich auch meine Trip Report geschrieben. Allerdings ist er wieder in Englisch, da ich ihn auch in einem englischen Forum geposted habe.
Falls einigen von euch einges bekannt vorkommt, habt ihr nicht unrecht, denn wir haben fast den selben Trip gemacht wie Lara1982 in ihrem Sun, Sun, Sun here we come Trip report, nur das ganze ca. 4-5 Tage später. Wir waren sogar im selben Everglades Park. :giggle:

Also dann mal hier die ersten beiden Teile, ich hoffe es gefällt:

Picture-heavy Trip Report WDW October 2010

As I was not in the mood in the last months to write a trip report it took me a while to complete this one. I hope you don’t mind reading a trip report of a 5 month old trip.

On Monday 27th September 2010 we flew from Frankfurt to Miami. We had 4 great days in Miami although there was a tropical storm for two days. But during these two days we went shopping and so this storm was not a big issue for us.

I was happy that it was only a tropical rain storm and not a hurricane but as you can see in these two pictures we had a lot of rain and also a lot of wind. But after two days we had perfect weather and so we could take our one-day trip to the Everglades.

We also had an Airboat tour and we had luck because we saw many alligators during our ride. Afterwards we also could have tried an alligator burger but we refused.

On Thursday we had perfect weather and so we spent the afternoon at the beach and in the evening we went to the Ocean drive.

Oh yeah it was hot on that Thursday evening at Miami.

Is this a hidden Mickey? But we are not at WDW yet…

I really like Miami. It is a great city, and especially the atmosphere at the Ocean Drive is great. I could have spent days there watching beautiful people and soaking up the beach atmosphere.

On Friday we left Miami early and hit the road for WDW. At 4pm we arrived at The Old Key West. Last year we spent our 10 days at WDW at the Port Orleans Riverside and we really liked this hotel. But this year we even liked the Old Key West more. The rooms are bigger and as we have been to Key West during our 2009 Florida trip I really liked the theming of the hotel.

After checking in we don’t wanted to waist more time and so we drove with our hired car to the Magic Kingdom parking lot and there we took the Monorail to Epcot. I always wanted to ride with the Monorail through Epcot and so we decided to take this journey from the MK parking lot as this is the only way to do this.

What a sweet scene this was. The little girl got ready for her MK day.

Yeah, the first park on our 10 day trip was again Epcot.

I really like Epcot. It is a great park with a great atmosphere. Especially World Showcase has a great atmosphere after sunset. And Illuminations is such a great fireworks show. I love the music and the effects with the “earth” ball.

There was one thing during these 10 days at WDW which was kind of annoying. Every day we had such a sky writer. And as we had every day a blue sky we could read every day massages like: Jesus loves u, God + U = love, God 4gives and so on and so on.

Picture-heavy Trip Report WDW October 2010 Part 2

On Saturday 2nd October 2010 we had our first Magic Kingdom day for this trip. On this Saturday the Magic Kingdom had evening Magic Hours and so we were prepared for a long day at this beautiful park.

I really love this opening ceremony every morning. And also the song “Good Morning, good Morning” is just perfect for this. It really sets the mood for a day at the Magic Kingdom.

After the opening of the park we headed straight to Splash Mountain. This is one of my favourite attractions at the MK. I love the whole thing: the water, the length of the ride, the story, the drop and even the waiting area is great.

As we were alone in the first boat of the day I dared to take pictures inside the attraction.

Oh yes this is true. I always have this mood if I am at Disney.

We had a great day at the MK. We did almost all rides (including my favourite Philharmagic). We saw the 3pm parade, we had tears in our eyes during wishes and we saw the second run of the Main Street Electrical parade in the evening. I always loved this parade when it was at Disneyland Paris, and it was great to see it once again after 15 years.

What a sweet boy. He was waiting in line before us and he even took this blanket with him for taking the picture.

That is me (the one in the middle) ;-) I bought this cool shirt in Miami.

Tired people at Disney. (I took a lot of sleeping guest pictues during this visit)

On Sunday 3rd October (National German Holiday) we had our first Disney’s Hollywood Studios day, and as always we headed (like everyone else) to Toy Story Mania. And while waiting in line we saw this lovely lady. She was so proud of her carriage with all the Halloween decoration that she was very happy when I took a picture of her and telling her how much I like her decoration.

This is one of our all time favourite attractions; especially at WDW with the 5th dimension.

THE best dessert I ever had in my whole live. 5000 calories but who cares. Eaten at the 50’s Prime Time Café.

Hey little girl, why are you crying? You are at WDW!!!

Lfee12 blättert noch in der Broschüre
Schöner Bericht und tolle Fotos! Besonders das letzte Foto ist total süß.

Picture-heavy Trip Report WDW October 2010 Part 3

On Monday the 4th October we visited Universal Studios Florida. I was so curios to see the Harry Potter Land. And what we have seen there was just breathtaking. I really love Disney for their theming but what the Universal guys have created here is just a whole new world. The Forbidden Journey ride is THE best ride I have ever done in any theme park. If someone would fly from Europe to Florida just to do this ride I would not call this person crazy.

And also the rest of the Universal Studios is great. As the two parks were not very crowded we could do all rides we wanted and we even have done The Forbidden Journey three times.
But we also enjoyed our other favourites like The Simpsons, ET; Spiderman, Jurasic Park. And we also had two very good fast food meals in both parks. I was surprised about the quality.

Our Hotel in the morning.

On Tuesday 5th October we have done Animal Kingdom. Although this is a great park it is for both of us our least favourite one. Don’t get me wrong the park is amazing (especially with all the animals and the nature they created there) but we just like the other 3 Disney parks much more.

But The Animal Kingdom has a ride which is in the Top 3 of our all time favourites. Expedition Everest. We just love it, although the Jedi is not working properly. But we like the fact that it is so fast and wild.

As The Animal Kingdom closes early we spend the evening at Downtown Disney and when we returned to our room we found these lovely Towel-Animals. I requested them in the morning by the Mousekeeping team and they did a great job.

Picture-heavy Trip Report WDW October 2010 Part 4

Wednesday the 6th October we had our relaxing day. And so we started the day with a breakfast at the Beach Club Resort Hotel. I loved this hotel from the moment I first saw it. It reminded me a lot of the Newport Bay Club Hotel at DLRP which is also one of my favourite hotels.
We soaked up the atmosphere inside the hotel and after 10 minutes it was time for our Character breakfast. The character interaction was great but at this point (after 10 days in the US) we missed European breakfast a lot. After 10 days I could not see scrambled eggs and fried potatoes for breakfast anymore. And we also had enough of Mickey waffles, sausages and breakfast-pizza.

This is one of my favourite pictures from our vacation in the USA.

After breakfast we explored the outside of the hotel and we also went to the beach. If I could afford it I would love to stay at this hotel for two weeks.

Afterwards we continued our relaxing day at one of the two water parks. We choose again Typhoon Lagoon and had a very nice and relaxing day at this water park.

We just loved, loved loved this lazy river. We have done three rounds during this one day.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the afternoon I had a reservation for the Grand Floridian Café at THE most beautiful hotel in the world the luxurious Grand Floridian.
And when we entered the lobby my boyfriend started shouting: “I go crazy, I go crazy!!!”
And after asking “why” he told me that there in the lobby is the same old crazy looking women we saw exactly one year ago during our first trip to WDW.
And so we started guessing if she maybe is part of the hotel, or if she might be an Audioanimatronic? After our vacation we found out in a Disney board that she is a fan of the hotel and that she stays there very often, and that she always had here suitcase with the stuffed animals.

After a nice dinner at the Grand Floridian Café we wandered a bit through the hotel and soaked up the atmosphere and then we spent the rest of the evening at the Magic Kingdom.

It is great if you are able to take the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I wish I could afford a two weeks stay at this hotel. I would be the most happy person in the world.

Bannerwerbung WDW Frühbucher Angebot 2025: Gratis Dining Plan, 14 Tage für 7, Memory Maker und 200€ Rabatt Bannerwerbung WDW Frühbucher Angebot 2025: Gratis Dining Plan, 14 Tage für 7, Memory Maker und 200€ Rabatt
Reto hat seit Jahren ne Jahreskarte fürs MSE
Sehr schöne Fotos - People-Watching kann ganz spannend sein - mach ich auch immer gerne.

Logischerweise bin auch ich vom Grand Floridian sehr angetan. Das GF steht auf meiner To-Do-Liste. Finanziell wird es wohl auch nicht für 2 Wochen reichen, aber so höchstens eine Woche - das will ich mir mal leisten.:nick

Ja People watching kann man immer und überall machen. Das macht immer Spaß.

Also für mich wird wohl auch eine Woche Grand Floridian unerschwinglich bleiben. Man muss ja auch immer noch die Flugkosten usw dazurechnen.

Und obwohl ich ein großer Disney-Hotel Fan bin, würde selbst ich dann sagen: Man ist ja so wie so die meiste Zeit nicht im Hotel. Und gerade in WDW mit den 4 Parks, und 2 Wasserparks und 2 Universal Parks könnte ich keine Minute im Hotel entspannen, wenn ich wüsste, dass vor der Tür die besten Freizeitparks der Welt liegen.

Die Vorlieben sind verschieden und das ist gut so. Ich hab nach meinem Aufenthalt in der AKL gespürt, dass das Resort für mich schon relativ wichtig ist. Wie schön war es doch da, morgens aufzustehen und mal ein paar Minuten auf den Balkon zu sitzen und in die Savanne zu schauen. Nehme mir auch stets einen halben Tag Zeit, um nur das Resort-Areal zu erkunden. Die Disney-Resorts sind für ich persönlich eindeutig mehr, als nur ein Ort, wo man schläft.

PART 5

On the 7th October we had our second full day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. But this day we did something we have not done before. We took a break and went back to the hotel for a nap. But in the afternoon we retuned to the park and enjoyed the evening hours and we saw of course a second time Fantasmic. I just love this show because it is more than perfect. And especially the end witch Mickey is just wonderful.

We had so much fun with these two ladies from Japan. They were standing with us in the waiting line of Tower of Terror. And they had so much fun. And they were dressed in Disney from tip to toe. And we were wondering if they would know what Tower of Terror really is. But they did know and they had so much fun in the elevator that we almost only watched them.

More tired people at Disney.

THE most expensive strawberry we ever ate. One of them costs 3.50$!!! (OK we had them as a snack on the Dining Plan and they were delicious but I would have never paid 3.50$ for one Strawberry covered in Chocolate.

On Friday 8th October we had our first and only full Epcot day. We arrived early in the morning and stayed of course until Illuminations was over.

More tired people at Disney

More tired people at Disney

More tired people at Disney (Why are there so many tired people at Epcot. We have not seen so many in the other parks. Is it true that EPCOT stands for Every Person Comes Out Tired?)

I have never eaten before a Mickey Ice Cream and I felt guilty to eat Mickey’s ears and then his head.

I like Epcot’s version of Germany although no place and no city in Germany looks like this…

Part 6 (Last Part)

On Saturday we spent the second full day at the Magic Kingdom and again we have done it all as the park was not too crowed for a Saturday. And of course we have seen Wishes and the parades once again.

I have heard so much about the Pineapple Float and so we tried one. It was OK, and it was also very refreshing but not as good as I expected it to be.

Sexy People at Disney. ;-)

Sunday 10th October was our last full day at WDW and we split this day in Hollywood Studios (morning) and EPCOT in the evening.

Disney Weather!

And as our flight back to Germany was in the evening we had the morning of the 11th October for a last short visit to the Magic Kingdom.

This is me in the last row. During our first day at Magic Kingdom we got so soaked in Splash Mountain that my boyfriend only rode it two more times with me. And so I had 2 or 3 rides where I had to ride alone.

I just love the CMs at WDW. They are all so friendly and nice.

Are you ever ready for the Magic to end? I am not; definitely. I want to stay at Disney forever. PLEASE!!!
:mw

Die Vorlieben sind verschieden und das ist gut so. Ich hab nach meinem Aufenthalt in der AKL gespürt, dass das Resort für mich schon relativ wichtig ist. Wie schön war es doch da, morgens aufzustehen und mal ein paar Minuten auf den Balkon zu sitzen und in die Savanne zu schauen. Nehme mir auch stets einen halben Tag Zeit, um nur das Resort-Areal zu erkunden. Die Disney-Resorts sind für ich persönlich eindeutig mehr, als nur ein Ort, wo man schläft.
Ich gebe dir vollkommen recht. Auch für mich sind die Disney Resort (und das nicht nur in WDW sonder auch in DLRP) mehr als nur ein Platz zum schlafen. Und natürlich würde auch ich es genießen, wenn ich morgens beim Aufwachen auf dem Balkon die Tiere sehen könnte, oder eine Runde durch das Grand Floridian gehen könnte.
Aber auf der anderen Seite kann ich es immer kaum erwarten, in die Parks zu kommen.
Und wie du jetzt hier im 5. Teil des Trip Report lesen kannst, haben wir bei diesem Aufenthalt auch zum ersten Mal eine Swimming-Pool-Mittagspause eingelegt. :headbang:

Die Tatsache mit den vielen müden Gästen in Epcot dürfte damit zusammenhängen, dass man in keinem anderen Park so weit gehen muss. Ich meine, dass es einmal um den World Showcase etwas über 1,5 km sind. Amerikaner sind sich nicht gewohnt, solche Strecken laufen zu müssen.

Tolle Fotos - da hattet ihr ja wirklich Bilderbuchwetter!

Ja das Wetter war wirklich traumhaft. Wir waren ja 2009 genau zur selben Zeit in den USA und WDW und da hatten wir ja eine Hitzewelle mit 37Grad jeden Tag. Das hat uns damals zwar den Trip nicht verdorben, aber auch nicht soooo toll gemacht. Es macht halt keinen Spaß, bei 37Grad in den Parks nur von Klimaanlage zu Klimaanlage zu eilen.
Dieses Jahr (also 2010) war es perfekt. Wir hatten jeden Tag 26 bis höchstens 30 Grad. Und gar keinen Regen in WDW. Nur in Miami ist an zwei Tagen der Tropensturm Nicole über uns gezogen.

witch2401 Unsere Hupfdohle
Toller Bericht mit superschönen Bildern!!!

Kann das sein, daß auf dem Bild von dem Bier-Stand in Epcot-Deutschland eine
Jägermeister-Flasche zu sehen ist???????:cheers: :confused0006:

Danke für die netten Worte.

Und da steht tatsächlich eine Flasche Jägermeister! :giggle:

Gibt es eigentlich eine Möglichkeit, sich einen Trip Report in einer gut lesbaren Version zu speichern?
Früher habe ich meine TR immer in einem Word Document gespeichert, aber da hatte ich auch nur 20 Bilder im ganzen TR. Wenn ich den hier in ein Word Dokument speichere, dann hat das locker 100 Seiten, und ist auch nicht wirklich ansehnlich. (Außer ich verkleine die Bilder sehr stark)

Also weiß noch jemand eine andere Möglichkeit?

Flounder Er ist wieder da
Teammitglied
Du könntest ein PDF Dokument daraus generieren, das allerdings vom Umfang her mit einem Word-Dokument identisch ist. Alternativ kannst Du es als HTML-Dokument spreichen ... ist halt die Frage, ob Du es online oder offline zur Verfügung stellen möchtest :wink:

Cheers,
Flounder

Ja, Word oder PDF hätte ich jetzt auch gesagt - umfangreich wird es sowieso. Soll das ganze nicht auf Papier verewigt weden, kannst Du allenfalls etwas kürzen, indem Du die Bilder nicht direkt einbindest, sondern lediglich darauf linkst - wie beispielsweise in der Druckansicht dieses Threads HIER.

Ich möchte es mir gerne offline speichern, damit ich es mir später noch ansehen kann. Allerdings stört jetzt hier mit so vielen Bildern in einem Word Dokument der Seitenumbruch. durch die Größe der Bilder, würde ich auf jede Seite höchstens 1-2 Bilder bekommen, und dann wäre immer sehr viel leerer Platz dazwischen.

Obwohl: Kann man in einem Word Dokument den Seitenumbruch nicht ausschalten?
Mir kommt es nicht so sehr darauf an, dass das Dokument sehr umfangreich wird (das wird es auf jeden Fall), sondern, dass man es später angenehm lesen kann, ohne große Leeräume.

Ich möchte es mir gerne offline speichern, damit ich es mir später noch ansehen kann. Allerdings stört jetzt hier mit so vielen Bildern in einem Word Dokument der Seitenumbruch. durch die Größe der Bilder, würde ich auf jede Seite höchstens 1-2 Bilder bekommen, und dann wäre immer sehr viel leerer Platz dazwischen.

Obwohl: Kann man in einem Word Dokument den Seitenumbruch nicht ausschalten?
Mir kommt es nicht so sehr darauf an, dass das Dokument sehr umfangreich wird (das wird es auf jeden Fall), sondern, dass man es später angenehm lesen kann, ohne große Leeräume.
Dann schlage ich vor, dass unser Fischlein den Thread ins Reisebericht-Archiv kopiert, die Zwischenkommentare rauslöscht. Von dort kannst Du es dann als HTML-Dokument speichern. Übrigens wartet auch mein Reisebericht darauf, ins Archiv kopiert zu werden.:giggle::-*

Flounder Er ist wieder da
Teammitglied
Hier warten noch unzählige Berichte darauf kopiert zu werden. Das Kopieren an sich ist auch nicht das Problem - das Bereinigen ist nur sehr zeitaufwendig :-*

Ansonsten spreichere einfach das Word Dokument als HTML-Datei - das entfernt auch die Seitenumbrüche ;)

Cheers,
Flounder

Oben